A new quarter starts in the WSYM tomorrow morning at 9:00! Here's a rundown of what we're studying the next few weeks!
Grades 9-12: Series Overview
Friends and Family
Teenagers’ relationships exist in a chaotic, fast-paced world where cultural shifts redefine how we interact and do life together. God has given your teenagers a variety of relationships to exchange and extend his care, love, and transformational grace with people closest to them. Yet those relationships can become merely a way to compartmentalize life.
In this three-lesson series, teenagers will engage in conversations about what it means to fully experience and share Jesus’ love through their friends and family. We’ll look to Jesus and how he related to the most important people in his life. Jesus offers life-giving relationships to your students, and his desire is that through those they see, experience, and love him like never before.
1. WHAT: Through relationships, we receive and experience life—both with God and with other people.
2. WHY: In Jesus’ family, there are no lone rangers. He created us to live in community. Through relationships, we can extend the love, grace, forgiveness, and hope that Jesus has given us.
3. HOW: By exploring key Scripture passages, teenagers will discover the life-giving exchange that happens through loving, Jesus-centered relationships.
Grades 6-8: Series Overview
The Whole Story
To fully understand the story of Scripture, we need start at the beginning. Genesis gives us that window into God’s loving care for his creation. God’s attention to detail, the order God put into place, and the freedom God gives his children are abundantly clear from the beginning.
But Satan had plans to exploit that freedom and replace it with chains. Jesus’ life and death and resurrection reflect God’s full-circle plan to make things right after sin entered the world through Adam and Eve. It’s a journey from perfection to death and separation and then back to restoration.
When we approach Scripture and human history as a story, it helps us more clearly grasp what God has done and what God is doing today. This three-lesson series will focus attention on God’s originally perfect plan, how humanity went off course, and how God is making things right again.
1. WHAT: When we look at humanity’s creation, fall, and restoration, we can see God’s faithfulness and commitment to make things right—and that happens because of Jesus.
2. WHY: Young teenagers are beginning to wrestle with foundational questions about faith and Scripture and Jesus—this series helps with answers to some of those big questions.
3. HOW: More than just understanding how this world was created, teenagers will have the chance to consider how to respond to the Creator’s voice.
This is the greatest place to find the latest news related to the WSYM. We'll share info about upcoming events as well as resources for parents.